We can hardly wait to get into our morning Dolphins routine.
Check out the Dolphins Training Schedule to refresh your memory.
Please read through this message carefully as there is a lot of important information!
A few important reminders for swimmers:
What to bring to practice:
swimsuit, bathing cap, goggles, flip flops, towel (s), warm clothes to put on after, a lock to keep your things safe in the lockers, your smile and cheering voice (we sometimes practice our cheers--you need to be ready!).
We are not responsible for lost or stolen items so lock up your valuables or leave them at home, please.
A few important reminders for parents:
1) Please bring appropriate footwear to wear on the deck (flip flops, crocs or other such footwear)
2) Please wait until the end of practice to speak to the coaches: when the children are arriving they are trying to get them into the water as quickly as possible and their attention, for safety reasons, needs to be on that task
3) Please ensure that you have set up a free Google Account for your family using the email address that is connected to your family's account. YOU DO NOT NEED TO SET UP A GMAIL ACCOUNT; YOU MAY SET IT UP USING YOUR OWN EMAIL ADDRESS. Follow these simple instructions. All of our sign-up sheets for competitions and activities are done using Google applications. If you are accessing information from a smartphone, tablet, iPhone or iPad, you will need to download the following free applications to that device that will facilitate these sign-ups: Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs. Without a Google account and these apps on your devices you won’t be able to access and edit important information from the club!
4) FOR SWIM TEAM PARENTS:
Officials "Mini-Clinics" and Referees' Training: Monday, June 27
Referee Clinic: registration 5:30pm; clinic start 6:00pm (approx. 50 minutes)
Mini-Clinics: registration 6:30pm; Clinic #1 7:00pm (approx. 50 minutes); Clinic#2 8:00pm (approx. 50 minutes)
Where: Pointe-Claire Aquatics Centre
Parents are invited to attend this special training event where they may learn two tasks that are needed to run swim meets. Choices available are: Timer/Chief Timer; Place Judge/Chief Place Judge; Stroke and Turn judge; Starter. For those who want to learn Meet Manager or Recorder/Scorer the clinic is from 7pm to 8:50pm.
To participate contact Ross Tzankov our ALPS representative.
5) TIME TRIAL FOR SWIM TEAM! Wednesday, June 29 during morning practice
This is a chance for swimmers to experience a taste of what a swim meet is like and to try racing before our first competition. Parents who are available on Wednesday morning are asked to help as timers; a brief training will be given.
6) Dolphins Family Picnic: Wednesday, June 29 6pm to 7:30pm Westmount Park (in the field behind the playground; where the "Camping in the Park" takes place) A chance for Dolphins parents to socialize while the children play games with their coaches and CITs. Bring your picnic dinner and join in the fun!
7) We will begin distributing team tshirts during the practices next week. We are also looking for someone who would be willing to take team photos of our four aquatics teams in the next few weeks. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would be able to help us with this task.
We think Summer 2016 is going to be the best season yet!
Go Dolphins Go!