Preseason gave everyone a chance to get their feet wet, but now the real action is about to begin. We’ve got lots in store but this first week is going to be rock and roll:
- First week of morning activities starting with Swim Team on Monday and then the start of the other sports in the mornings on Tuesday. Swim Team deadline to sign up to the first swim meet is Monday at midnight.
- The clothing orders (swimsuits, hoodies etc) should be handed out this week, hopefully before the meet on Wednesday. If you missed the AGM and did not receive your team t-shirt and swim cap, volunteers will be around most mornings to distribute them to you. Don’t worry—we have them set aside for you. CIT t-shirts will also start to be distributed this week as well.
- Tuesday evening: 6:30pm in Westmount Park, the small field behind the playground where the “Camping in the Park” usually takes place, we will meet for GAMES. This should be a lot of fun with coaches and kids. Families can bring a picnic dinner to the park if it makes their life easier. Hope to see many of you there!
- Wednesday evening: 6pm to 9:30pm (approximately) FIRST SWIM MEET OF THE SEASON AT OUR POOL! We will be meeting the team CAVIP from Ile Perrot and we want to show them a warm Westmount welcome. We want to have a well-stocked bake sale full of great treats and be ready with lots of volunteers to help the competition run smoothly. We trust all our members will contribute their time and talents to making this a great success. After the competition it is team tradition to head to Dairy Queen on Sherbrooke Street to reward our efforts.
- Thursday: our first THEME DAY: UNDER THE SEA! We invite all the athletes to come to practice with this theme in their minds. That means, costumes are encouraged and we have fun in store during every sport all morning long. Also for this first theme day we want to offer everyone the opportunity to try Supervision, Water Polo, Synchro and Diving so if you would like to stay all morning and test out the waters in these sports this will be a great chance to do it. You can add these other activities in your Amilia account.
- Thursday evening: BOB NIGHT! 7:45pm to pool closing. What is BOB night, you ask? Well BOB is one of those quintessentially Dolphin things that is so much fun and there are actually some great Dolphins skills that you learn from it too! It is a game, similar to British Bull Dog, with one individual in the middle ready to tag the masses attempting to cross to the other side, just add water. So instead of an implacable bull dog, you have BOB, who will drag you to the surface as you try to dive down deep below him or her. As people are dragged to the surface, they must join BOB in bringing still more to the surface. Last one standing is the next BOB! Not for the faint of heart (recommended 9 years and older unless they are strong swimmers) it is SO much fun!
We are really excited to get back into our Dolphins groove and look forward to seeing you in the mornings! It is going to be a GREAT SUMMER!
Go Dolphins Go!